Goals and Objectives:
- Demonstrate reading skills by reading aloud the appropriate level story card.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the story by telling or summarizing the story out loud with the use of the light box and associated story demonstration materials.
- Show wayfinding skills by plotting the route from the neighborhood to the park and pond and back to the neighborhood.
- Fill up measuring bottles and add ice.
- Make a picnic lunch filled with fresh finger foods.
- Identify different types of fish (salt and fresh water) by researching on the internet.
- Participate in indoor games, such as Tic-Tac-Toe.
All of the materials in this activity are from APH (American Printing House for the Blind).
- Tactile Town: 3D O & M Kit
- 30-Love Tennis Kit
- Walk-Run for Fitness Kit
- Mini-Lite Box
- Sense of Science Kit: Animals
- Making Picture Recipes Kit