TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE PATHS TO LITERACY WEBSITE
Perkins School for the Blind (“Perkins”) operates the Paths to Literacy website (the “Site”). The services of the Site may include, but are not limited to, reviews, email newsletters, news information, forums, communities and informational articles related to the Site or provided through the Site (“Services”). These Terms and Conditions of Use (T&Cs) govern your use of this Site and its Services. Please read these terms carefully before accessing or using the Site or any of its Services. Each time you access or use this Site or its Services, you agree to be bound by these T&Cs:
This Site is for informational purposes only.
This Site and its Services may offer health-related material, you should not rely on the site or the services as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your or your child’s health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, reviews or other information or material expressed or made available by the Site (“Content”) is to be taken as an opinion but not an endorsement of any product or service. Neither the Site nor Perkins guarantees the accuracy, completeness, fitness or usefulness of the Contents of the Site. Use of the Site or the Services is at your own risk.
Content expressed or made available by third parties, including users through the public forums, represents the views of the respective authors and not the Site. Neither the Site nor Perkins endorses or is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, fitness, usefulness or reliability of any Content on the Site by anyone other than an authorized representative of Perkins while acting in his/her official capacity.
In consideration of being allowed to use the public forums, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these T&Cs:
1. Using a public forum for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
2. Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
3. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Perkins in its sole discretion;
4. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
5. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
6. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
7. Impersonating another person;
8. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
9. Harvesting, scraping or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
10. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
11. Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
12. Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person
from using or enjoying the public forums or the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Perkins, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these T&Cs.
In no event shall Perkins be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the Site or any contents of the Site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory.
The contents of the Site may be protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the content remains with Perkins. Any use of the content not expressly permitted by these T&Cs is a breach of these T&Cs and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Any links provided through the Site or through its Services will let you leave the Site in order to access a linked third party site (the “Linked Sites”). The Site provides these links as a convenience, but Perkins neither controls nor endorses these Linked Sites, nor has Perkins reviewed or approved the content which appears on the Linked Sites. Perkins is not responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from any Linked Sites.
Any information that you post on the Site or through its Services may be seen by anyone on the Internet. When posting information on the Site or through its Services, use good taste when discussing sensitive topics and treat others with respect. When posting information and media on the Site or through its Services you must not:
1. Post or transmit any message, information, data, text, software, link, image or other content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, indecent, obscene, defamatory, false or misleading or otherwise objectionable or which may invade another person’s right of privacy or publicity;
2. Upload or transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or otherwise post content that does not belong to you;
3. Impersonate any person or entity;
4. Post or upload personal information, pictures, videos or any other media of another person without their permission; or
5. Post or upload any content or information unless it is your own work or creation or you have permission to post or upload such information or content.
As to any material that you submit and of which you are the author, you grant Perkins a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide license to post that material on the Site, and you authorize Perkins to edit that material in its discretion.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Perkins resides in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law. If you believe that materials hosted by Perkins infringe your copyright, you may send a notice to Perkins requesting that the material be removed. See http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details.