Draw2Measure Protractor App is a free new application from APH (American Printing House for the Blind), which allows students to measure angles in two ways.
- Students can place an angle over the screen of a device, such as a phone or tablet, and trace along the sides of the angle with a fingertip or stylus. The app records the locations of the sides and then calculates the angle.
- For objects that may not fit on a screen, students can find measurements by rotating the device itself, which utilizes a built-in gyroscope sensor to measure the angle.
- Enhanced accessibility; designed for sighted students as well as students with low vision or blindness
- Allows students to measure angles by tracing the sides rather than reading measurements as with a traditional protractor
- Reports angle measurements in both degrees and radians
- Includes detailed instructions and a link to a demonstration video
Draw2Measure is a free app for iOS devices including iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch and can be downloaded from Apple's App Store.