- masking tape or painter's tape
- Go for a nature walk with the student or work in coordination with the Orientation and Mobility Instructor, classroom teacher or family members.
- Encourage the child to collect small items and attach them to the masking tape "bracelet".
- Examine the items with the child and invite the child to tell about them.
- Provide assistance, as necessary, for the child to create sentences or a story about the items.
- This activity could be adapted for students with multiple disabilities by attaching the items themselves onto separate pages and writing just one word or phrase on each page.