Reading Adventure Time! is a free, teacher-centric, student-friendly app that includes activities and assessment to help students build reading skills. This app is available for free for anyone to use. However, its focused users are students in grades 1st -12th who are visually impaired and read braille.
Use the link to download the app onto your iPad. This link will expire in 7 days so please download it right away. Follow the directions below to install the app on your iPad.
Instructions for installing the app on your iPad:
- Your iPad should be connected to wifi.
- If you have a previous version of Reading Adventure Time on your iPad please delete it before installing the app using this link.
- Log into your email from your iPad.
- Pull up this email.
- Click on this link https://i.diawi.com/GiRxqi
- The link will take you to a new page in your web browser. Click on "Install application".
- A pop up screen will appear. Click on "Install".
- Click your home button on your iPad. (circle at the bottom of your iPad)
- Go to settings on your iPad.
- Click device management.
- Click on Braille Institute of America, Inc.
- Click trust (if you had a previous version of Reading Adventure Time on you iPad you may not need to go through these last four steps)
You're ready to go!
Gift Cards Available for First 100 Participants!
We are seeking at least 350 users to use Reading Adventure Time! For an added incentive, participants who complete challenge contests (sets A-H) will be compensated with gift cards. This compensation is available for a limited time. Only the first 100 teachers and students who complete these sets will be compensated.
Support for Using Reading Adventure Time!
Also, for added support, we are offering trainings for participants to learn to use Reading Adventure Time! Sign up for a training today! Or log onto the URL provided on one of the trainings listed below:
Saturday, January 27 9:30am PST, 10:30am MT, 11:30am CT, 12:30pm EST
- Tuesday, January 30 11:30am PST, 12:30pm MT, 1:30pm CT, 2:30pm EST
RSVP to Seanarae Smith to attend a training firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, if you would like to borrow equipment, we have loaner equipment available on a first come first serve basis. Please contact Seanarae Smith with your iPad and Braille Display needs. If you agree to sign the loaner agreement, we’ll send you the equipment!
Please share this email with others who might find it useful.