The 2017 Texas Assistive Technology (TATN) Regional Conference has been teaching and inspiring educators for over two decades on AT tools and strategies for students with special needs.
NATIONAL PRESENTER SESSIONS
- Rachel Kruzel and Nicole Krier—Toolkit for Transition: Preparing Students for Postsecondary Education
- Rachel Kruzel and Nicole Krier—Free and Low Cost Assistive Technology to Support the Transition from K-12 to Higher Education
- Keri Huddleston—Asperger Syndrome (ASD) and School: What Does It Take, REALLY? Top Ten Solutions for Success
- Keri Huddleston—“Help! I’m an AT Specialist and I Can’t Get Up!” Creating Manageable School-Based AT Services
- Mike Marotta—Using Chromebooks to Support ALL Students
- Mike Marotta—The Power of Chrome: Tools and Support for ANY Platform
- Therese Willkomm—iCreATe - Creating, Reusing, Exploring Assistive Technology
- Therese Willkomm—101 Assistive Technology Solutions Made Using Corrugated Plastic Signs
- Cathy Binger—Building Syntax Skills With Children Who Need AAC
- Cathy Binger—Why Won’t They Do What I Asked Them to Do?: Partner Instruction in AAC
- Cathy Binger—Where Do I Start? Dynamic Assessment for Children Using AAC
- Kelly Fonner—First Scribbler! First Writer! First Author!
- Kelly Fonner—Alternative Access to PODD by Students With Physical Challenges
- Todd Hanson—The Importance of Process: Learning Disabilities and Assistive Technology
- Todd Hanson—Technologies and Strategies to Help Students Start, Focus, and Finish Strong
- Ike Presley—Two Sessions on Visual Impairment
- Erin Sheldon—Literacy and Language Development for Students with Angelman Syndrome and Related Significant Disabilities
- Erin Sheldon—AT Considerations and Planning for Students with Angelman Syndrome
- Pat Ourand and Lisa Bardach—Eyes on Eye Gaze: Tips, Tricks and Hands-On
- Pat Ourand and Lisa Bardach—Eye Gaze Assessment: The Nuts and Bolts
- Diana Petschauer—AT and Apps to Support Math for Diverse Learners!
- Diana Petschauer—Apps and AT Across the Curriculum: Engaging and Including Diverse Learners in a UDL Environment
- Jillian Reynolds and Alise Crossland—Facilitating Technology Implementation: Strategic Planning for AT Specialists and Administrators
- Jillian Reynolds and Alise Crossland—Integrating Technology Into the Classroom
- Bruce McClanahan—Tips and Techniques for Using the Screenreader ChromeVox Next on the Chromebook
OTHER CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Cutting-edge AT tools in our vendor exhibit hall
- Door prizes, drawings, and resource giveaways
- Catered lunch on days 1 and 2 of the conference.
Dates and Times:
For more information and registration, please visit: http://www.texasatconference.net