Braille Boot Camp is four days of hands-on experiential learning focused on braille and tactile graphic production. This workshop for paraprofessionals and other beginners will be held at the Texas School for the Blind & Visually Impaired in Austin, Texas from August 8-11, 2017. Susan Mattson and Sharon Nichols will lead participants through both small group and individual activities to create braille and tactile graphic documents.
- Braille Document Production for Literary, Foreign Language, Mathematics and Technical materials
- Tactile Graphic Production of one-page and multiple-page tactile graphics
- Creation of Templates for basic shapes and Cartesian coordinate planes
- Applying braille format and tactile graphic placement decision-making
- Document conversion into editable text
- Opportunity to work with graphic embossers and software programs used in producing tactile graphics
All sessions will start at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
This is an ideal training for paraprofessionals and others who are beginners to braille and tactile graphics productions. Braille transcribers and TVIs who produce at least 40% of the braille for their students.
Enrollment is limited to 20 participants.
$75 Early Registration Discount and $85 after August 1, 2017.
Note: You may cancel up thru August 3rd at 5 PM and not incur a cancellation fee. Cancelling after that time may result in a $25 cancellation fee. Contact Carrie Keith at 512-206-9224 or email to to cancel.