Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired will be offering a 4-day Braille Boot Camp, which is a hands-on experiential learning focused on braille and tactile graphic production. Pat van Geem and Susan Mattson will lead participants through both small group and individual activities to create braille and tactile graphic documents.
- Analyzing print worksheet for element style and/or mathematical expressions,
- Applying braille format and tactile graphic placement decision-making.
- Document conversion into editable text.
- Document and graphic preparation for braille translation.
Software included in the training:
- Microsoft Word 2010
- MathType 6.9a
- Duxbury 11.2 SR4
- Tiger Software Suite 4.x-5.0
Braille transcribers and TVIs who produce at least 40% of the braille for their students. Enrollment is limited to 20 participants. Don't delay; register today!
- Day 1: Literary Braille Production: Language Arts and Social Studies Worksheets
- Day 2: Tactile Graphic Production: Making a Map for Social Studies Worksheets
- Day 3: Braille and Nemeth Production: Math and Science Worksheets
- Day 4: Tactile Graphic Production: Math and Science Tactile Graphics Worksheets.
$75.00 for early registration and $85.00 for late registration. Early registration ends September 27th, and the final deadline to register is October 4th.
For more information, please visit the TSBVI Website.
Oct 11, 2016 to Oct 14, 2016